World Cup 2018: Saudi Arabia vs Egypt prediction, team news and preview in final Group A match
By Joe Miles22nd June 2018, 7:45 pmUpdated: 22nd June 2018, 7:47 pm
SAUDI ARABIA and Egypt cannot progress to the knockout stages of the 2018 World Cup.
Both teams are without a win in Russia and they will go head-to-head in their final Group A match on Monday.
Mo Salah and Co enter the match after a 3-1 defeat to the hosts while their opponents will be looking to bounce back from a 1 -0 defeat to Uruguay.
Egypt need Liverpool ace Salah to fire in what is expected to be a close game - and Betway's offer of 16/1 for him to score and the match to end 1-1 looks tempting.
WE 39;RE RON THE BALL All the latest action, news, goals and gossip from the World Cup
MAKE IT COUNTTemplegate's best bets for all of ITV's races at Royal Ascot this Saturday
PLEA DEALTottenham eye Nice's Â£23m-rated Alassane Plea as competition for Harry Kane
Keit RunnerNew big-money Liverpool signing Naby Keita arrives on Merseyside for first time
'LITTLE MESSI'Meet Callum Gribbin, Man United's 19-year-old midfielder catching Jose's eye
ILKAY I'LL STAYManchester City to open talks with Ilkay Gundogan over new deal
THIRD TESTAustralia vs Ireland: Live stream, TV channel, team news and kick-off time
third testNew Zealand vs France: Live stream, TV channel, team news and kick-off time
i can raine in spainReal Madrid sign keeper Andriy Lunin as interest in David De Gea cools
THE BETTING SPYDon't miss Richard Robinson's top tips for Saturday 9;s racing
TRANSFER NEWS LIVELatest updates right here as the transfer window re-opens for the summer
- This is the first encounter between Saudi Arabia and Egypt at a tournament since the 1999 Confederations Cup â" the Saudis won 5-1 thanks in part to four goals from Marzouk Al-Otaibi and Egypt receiving three red cards.
- Saudi Arabia have faced an African team in each of their four previous World Cup campaigns, never facing the same nation twice (W1 D2 L1). That one victory came against Morocco in 1994 â" their first ever win at a World Cup finals.
- This will be Egyptâs first ever World Cup match against an Asian nation and the third different continent theyâve faced after Europe and South America.
- Each of the last eight goals Egypt have conceded in the World Cup have come in the second half of matches.
- Egypt havenât won any of their six World Cup matches (W0 D2 L4). The only nation to play more games in the competition without ever recording a victory are Honduras (nine games).
- Defeat for either Saudi Arabia or Egypt in this game would see them be the first team to lose all three group games in this tournament, and the first to lose all three group games at a World Cup since Honduras in 2014.
- Saudi Arabia are yet to score a goal at the 2018 World Cup â" there have only been 11 previous occasions of teams failing to score at a World Cup finals tournament in 3+ games, with Honduras and Algeria the last teams to do this in 2010.
- Saudi Arabia have now winless in their last 12 World Cup matches (W0 D2 L10) and they have lost their last four games in the competition without scoring a single goal.
- Since joining Liverpool in July 2017, Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah has scored 49 goals in 57 appearances for club a nd country in all competitions.
- Egyptâs Mohamed Salah scored with his only shot on target in a World Cup match in their defeat against Russia last time out.