British couple 'fit and healthy' before deaths on Thomas Cook holiday as 300 evacuated from Egyptian hotel
A British couple who died suddenly on a Thomas Cook holiday were "fit and healthy" before they left home, their daughter has said, as around 300 holidaymakers are evacuated from the same Egyptian hotel after more guests fell ill.
The travel company took the decision to evacuate its remaining customers at the Red Sea resort "as a precaution" following the deaths of John and Susan Cooper.
The couple, from Burnley, Lancashire, were on holiday at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in Hurghada with their daughter, Kelly Ormerod, and her three children when tragedy struck.
Describing the "horrendous ordeal", Mrs Ormerod said her parents "had no health problems at all" before their holiday, adding that the family are in "utter shock" as they await results of post-mortem examinations.
As the cause of their deaths is investigated, Mrs Ormerod reportedly told local officials she believes an alleged faulty air conditioning unit might have been involved in her parents falling ill.Source: Google News Egypt | Netizen 24 Egypt