Egypt hotel evacuated after British couple die during Thomas Cook holiday as more guests 'fall ill'
Two British tourists have died on a Thomas Cook holiday at a hotel which was later evacuated after a number of other guests reportedly fell ill.
Thomas Cook said one of them was a veteran employee of the agency and that it was investigating their deaths.
Ahmed Abdullah, the provinceâs governor, said John Cooper, 69, and Susan Cooper, 64, of Burnley, died of natural causes. They were holidaying at the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in Hurghada, by the Egyptian Red Sea.
âThe husband fell sick and was taken to hospital, where he died. About three hours later his wife had a shock and died,â he added.
However Thomas Cook said tonight that the hotel had been evacuated after it had received reports of a "raised level of illness among guests".
A spokesman added that customers are being offered the choice of a paid- for flight home.
"Safety is always our first priority, so as a precautionary measure we have taken a decision to remove all our customers from this hotel," they added.
"We will be contacting those customers due to travel to the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel in Hurghada in the next four weeks to offer alternative holiday options."Source: Google News Egypt | Netizen 24 Egypt